Legal and regulatory impact
Understand your legal and regulatory impact.
You need to understand the implications of the UK exiting the EU on 31 December 2020 on your business, due to any changes in your current regulatory and licensing frameworks.
We can help you review your supplier and customer contracts, identify critical areas most vulnerable and understand the range of potential outcomes in the movement of data and what practical steps you can take to mitigate potential risks.
We can also prepare your teams in using Incoterms, internationally recognised standard terms setting out buyer and seller responsibilities, for delivering goods in international markets. This will help you identify areas you are able to control, agree steps to mitigate the risk exposure of your business, and consider the impact of any loss of EU funding, consumer protection legislation and competition law.
Use the links below to access advice, support and learning tools that will help your business get ready for EU Exit. Our support may be subject to some eligibility criteria.
- Foreign currency and exchange risks
- Manage your euro currency risk factsheet
- Your data protection obligations
- International Commercial Contracts: Incoterms
- Contract Law in Europe
- International trade paperwork: the basics
- Licences and enforcement for international trading
- Legal issues for international trade in services
- Competition law in Europe
- EU employment law
- Health and safety law in Europe
- Intellectual property protection overseas
- Brexit support for employers
- Consumer law in Europe
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)