Our Customer Charter tells customers what level of service they can expect when doing business with us.
It ensures we have a strong customer focus, communicate effectively and deliver excellent customer service.
The Charter sets out what we will do for our customers, how we will do it and the service standards we aim to meet. It also outlines what we expect from our customers to enable us to support them fully.
We recognise that excellent customer service is integral to the delivery of high quality public services and we are committed to meeting the needs of customers in a professional manner.
Our aim is to be a credible business partner by providing reliable support that is focused on your best interests but which will also protect public funds.
What we will do for you:
- We will quickly identify your needs and let you know how we may be able to help
- We will clearly explain what information we need from you, what form of support you could receive, how we work and how long each stage might take
- We will ensure that you understand any conditions or undertakings for which you will be responsible in relation to the support offered
- We will keep you up to date on the progress of your case
- If we are unable to provide the support you requested, we will inform you as quickly as possible, tell you the reasons and suggest alternatives.
In turn, we will expect you to:
- Provide the information we need when we need it
- Let us know if things change
- Understand your obligations if you receive financial support as it is public money
- Treat our staff with courtesy and respect
How we will support you:
In line with our values and our commitment to being a trusted business partner, you can expect us to…
- Be polite, friendly and professional and to always act with integrity
- Be approachable, empathetic and keen to listen and understand your needs
- Be knowledgeable, reliable, fair and respect your confidentiality
- Communicate our processes clearly, fully explaining the conditions of any offer of support
- Deliver against set standards and share this information with you
- Focus on you and positively challenge you to be more competitive and continually improve
Maintaining our customer service standards:
- We continually seek feedback from customers on our services and take part in internal and independent evaluations to assess the impact of our activities on customers
- All our staff get customer focused development and we ensure that staff who deal directly with customers have the knowledge and skills they need to credibly evaluate proposals and provide advice about what Invest NI can offer
- We make sure that there is adequate office cover and that your queries are directed to the most appropriate Invest NI staff member and dealt with within agreed timescales
- To ensure that our services best meet your needs we seek to understand your business and are innovative in new product development
- To ensure that our services best meet your needs we seek to understand your business and are innovative in our service delivery and the programmes we offer
Invest NI is committed to providing a high-quality service to all our customers. However, there may be occasions when problems arise and you do not receive the service you expect. We want to know when an issue has arisen so that we can put it right and learn from your experience.
Find out more about the Invest NI Complaint Procedure