How we support business
We work directly and indirectly with businesses across Northern Ireland.
Our approach to supporting businesses is based on three key elements:
- Providing information and advice, directly and through a range of information services
- Providing support to people wanting to set up their own business and helping new and existing businesses grow and move into new markets
- Providing tailored support to businesses that can make the greatest contribution to increasing productivity, innovation and export growth in Northern Ireland
Because our resources are limited we use them to support those businesses that can make the biggest contribution to the economy.
Regardless of the size of your business or the sector in which you operate, our Business Support Team can provide you with a free advisory service. You can contact us by completing a form or by calling 0800 181 4422.
If your business can show that it intends to sell outside Northern Ireland, is actively pursuing growth plans and will contribute to increasing productivity and innovation in Northern Ireland, you could become an Invest NI customer. You will need to meet certain criteria such as turnover, volume of sales outside of Northern Ireland and growth potential.
The criteria to become a customer with Invest Northern Ireland is as follows:
- Reach a turnover of £250K per annum within 5 years; and
- Achieve at least 25% of those sales outside of Northern Ireland
To access some of our financial and capability development support, you will also need to demonstrate growth potential.
Growth potential is defined as:
- Potential employment growth >= 20% or >=20 jobs within 3 years; or
- Potential external sales growth >=20% or >=£500k within 3 years; or
- Potential increase in GVA / employee >= 20% within 3 years
Not sure if your business meets our customer criteria? Contact us and we can explore options for your business together.