Brexit preparation grant
The Brexit preparation grant is a specific product which provides financial assistance to our customers to prepare for the changes and challenges presented by Brexit.
The Brexit preparation grant can be used to, strengthen operational capability, help develop contingency plans to mitigate the impact of Brexit and assess Brexit-related risks that could impact on your business such as: supply chains and procurement; customs, tariffs and taxation; export market opportunities; access to skills and labour; contractual arrangements; and transport and logistics.
The grant will offer customers financial support up to a maximum of £50,000 at a rate of up to 50%, to plan for the post-Brexit environment
Eligible support includes:
Grant assistance up to 50% of one year’s salary, to a maximum £20,000, to engage a new or re-deploy an existing member of staff in a Brexit preparation project
- Assistance up to £10,000 for a maximum period of 12 months, for office rental located outside the UK, for market research purposes
- Up to a maximum £25,000 for specialist consultancy fees for Brexit-related activities
The Brexit Preparation Grant is only available to existing Invest NI customers
The criteria to become a customer with Invest NI is as follows:
- Reach a turnover of £250K per annum within 5 years; and
- Achieve at least 25% of those sales outside of Northern Ireland.
You will also need to demonstrate growth potential, which is defined as:
Potential employment growth >= 20% or >=20 jobs within 3 years; or
Potential external sales growth >=20% or >=£500k within 3 years; or
- Potential increase in GVA / employee >= 20% within 3 years
Customers can also avail of Invest NI’s wider capability development and financial support. To find out more, visit: Invest NI support for business.
Not sure that this support is right for you? Contact us and we can explore options for your business together.
Our support may be subject to some eligibility criteria.