Northern Ireland has a well-established construction sector engaged in the manufacture of value-added products and/or services.
We offer expert services across a wide range of areas such as general contracting, professional services, facilities management and civil engineering.
Driven by a unique set of skills and expertise, a focus on innovation and internationalisation, Northern Ireland’s construction sector has successfully implemented major projects around the world, ranging from new airport runways in Hong Kong and the Caribbean, to refurbishing the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem and building theme parks in Paris and Dubai.
The region has also developed university-led innovation in construction services and solutions that are helping designers develop fresh concepts, and developers and contractors reduce costs and save lives.
Areas of expertise
- General and main contractors
- Mechanical, electrical and utilities
- Structural and architectural steel
Manufactured construction products:
- Quarry products
- Kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms
- Doors, windows, facades
- Civil Engineers
Northern Ireland companies have provided expert services and materials for the following international projects:
- Theming: Sony Pictures Studios movies in Motiongate™ Dubai
- Canary Wharf Crossrail Development
- 146 bedroom hotel within the Artisan’s New Waverley Scheme in Edinburgh
- King’s College: This site is located amongst some of the most significant of London’s Grade 1 listed buildings
- Electrical fit-out in the first Audi Digital Showroom in London
- Stansted Airport hotel
- Construction of the Everyman Theatre, which won the 2014 Stirling Prize
Access to world-class talent
McMullen Facades, part of the JRL Group, is a leading specialist facade contractor providing full design, fabrication and installation of aluminium curtain wall and window systems for medium and large scale building projects. McMullen has a professional team that “Brings the Architects Designs to Life”. Specialising in fully integrated facade design, the company is able to offer its clients and customers a range of high quality, fully tested, facade products which give a “one stop, low risk” solution.
MJM Marine, employing over 600 people and 1,200 subcontractors, is a global provider specialising in new build, refurbishment, refit and fit out services to the marine, commercial and private sectors. MJM Marine offers full bespoke and turnkey solutions across a broad range of needs: accommodation, recreation and public areas, catering, residential and many more, working with a wide spectrum of materials.
- The Construction Sector represents the third largest industry sector in Northern Ireland at 14%.
- Based in Newry, MJM is one of the largest cruise ship “fit out” companies in the world.
- NI has 10,000 firms within the sector of which 215 achieved sales in excess of £5M per annum
- 03 Dec, 2019
- 22 Jan, 2019