Do more R&D
Our Technical Development Incentive (TDI) scheme provides local SME’s with up to £10,000 of funding to introduce new products, improve operating processes, obtain recognised standards for products and processes, and to protect and exploit intellectual property.
The scheme is designed to support companies with the cost of hiring external consultants or companies to implement innovative solutions which can add value to the business through increased competitiveness, particularly when targeting key export markets.
Eligible activities include but are not limited to:
- Intellectual property (copyright, patents trade marks and design)
- Product and process development and improvement
- Management systems (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, British Retail Consortium Global Food Safety Standard)
- Product and process approval and/or certification (for example CE Marking, Fire Certification)
We can support up to 50% the external provider’s costs for the project between £1,000 and £40,000, or from £500 if project is related to Intellectual Property. Internal costs such as training, equipment, labour are not eligible.
Who is eligible?
This support is available to Invest NI customers who meet the EU definition of an SME.
How to apply?
- Discuss your proposed project with your Invest NI Client Executive
- A Technical Advisor will meet with you to consider the project and the proposed external consultant and their costs (up to 3 suppliers can be considered)
- If the project meets the eligibility criteria, we will send you an online application form
- Complete and submit the application form. Our Technical Advice Unit will assess your application and contact you with the outcome
What if I am not an Invest Northern Ireland customer?
If your company is not already an Invest Northern Ireland customer, Contact us or alternatively call our Business Support Team on 0800 181 4422.
Case study | Hear how Axial 3D benefited from the Technical Development Incentive
You may also be interested in...
Research and Development Escalator