EU Exit Business Support Grant
Since 1 January 2021 local businesses must carry out their business activities in line with the Northern Ireland Protocol – this means getting to grips with changes to the rules for moving goods, employing staff from outside the UK & Ireland, and more.
The EU Exit Business Support Grant can be used to strengthen your capacity to react and adapt to these changes.
Business areas covered by the grant include:
- Business strategy
- People and Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Legal & Regulatory impact
The grant will offer customers financial support up to a maximum of £50,000 at a rate of up to 50%.
Eligible support includes:
- Grant assistance up to 50% of one year’s salary or £20,000 (whichever is lowest) per employee to engage a new or re-deploy an existing member of staff on an EU Exit related project
- Businesses can avail of grant assistance for a maximum of two (or full time equivalent) employees
- Assistance up to £10,000 for a maximum period of 12 months, for office rental located outside the UK, for market research purposes
- Up to a maximum £25,000 for specialist consultancy fees for EU Exit related activities
The EU Exit Business Support Grant is only available to existing Invest NI customers. Please contact your client executive to find out more information and how to apply. However, if your businesses received our ‘Brexit Preparation Grant’ before the Northern Ireland Protocol was agreed on 10 December 2020 and have used this support in full, you are still eligible to apply for the EU Exit Business Support Grant now.
The criteria to become a customer with Invest NI is as follows:
- Reach a turnover of £250K per annum within 5 years; and
- Achieve at least 25% of those sales outside of Northern Ireland.
You will also need to demonstrate growth potential, which is defined as:
Potential employment growth >= 20% or >=20 jobs within 3 years; or
Potential external sales growth >=20% or >=£500k within 3 years; or
- Potential increase in GVA / employee >= 20% within 3 years
Customers can also avail of Invest NI’s wider capability development and financial support. To find out more, visit: Invest NI support for business.
Not sure that this support is right for you? Contact us and we can explore options for your business together.
Our support may be subject to some eligibility criteria.