NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme (CEP)
Attention all HSC Health & Social Care workers.
Have you got a product or service idea which will improve health or social care and would like to take it to the next level? Are you interested to find out how to develop your idea and turn it into a business?
Invest NI & the Health Innovation Research Alliance – Northern Ireland (HIRANI) would like to invite you to attend the free webinar to find out more about the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme (CEP) on 30th Sep 2021 at 5pm.
This is an opportunity to learn about how it could help you and how to apply for this year’s programme in October 2021.
Register for the Clinical Entrepreneurship webinar
By registering, you will receive a link to the cloud recording when the webinar has concluded.
*Event attendance and or participation on the programme will contribute towards your CPD.
Details of the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme (CEP):
- It is a workforce development programme for both clinical and non-clinical NHS or HSC staff (including but not limited to…Doctors, Dentists, Healthcare Scientists, Nurses and Midwives, Allied Health Professionals and Pharmacists, Social Workers, Managers, and Administrative/ Clerical Staff) who are selected by a competitive recruitment process.
- Run by NHS England and NHS Improvement, the programme has been developed with entrepreneurial clinicians, academic leaders, and industry partners.
- The curriculum covers all aspects of setting up and running a business, including attracting investors, applying for funding, and ensuring appropriate corporate governance.
- The programme offers mentoring, networking, education, customer matching, resources, development tools, and more.
- So far, over 700 clinical entrepreneurs from the NHS have been supported to develop over 400 innovations, since 2016. It has raised over £225 million in private and public sector funding, and created over 1000 jobs, and benefited 16 million users.
Aims of the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme include to:
- Support the healthcare workforce to develop and scale their most innovative ideas for the benefit of patients, staff, and the wider NHS.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and experience needed to successfully develop and spread innovative solutions to the challenges facing the NHS.
- Develop leadership capability to deliver on the promise of digital health, genomics, data analytics, advanced technology and social networks for the patients.
- Allow entrepreneurs to pursue their innovation without having to leave the health service.
- Provide a wider benefit to economic growth through inward investment in the health, social care and life science sectors.
- Support invention, commercialisation and adoption of new products, services, and care pathways by enabling commercial, social, public and charitable sector entrepreneurship.
Invest Northern Ireland and HIRANI are pleased to offer budding Northern Ireland entrepreneurs from the HSC-NI the opportunity to apply and take part in this year’s NHS CEP. The next round of applications opens in October 2021.
Access more information on the Clinical Entrepreneurship Programme:
What else is available to help local health and social care entrepreneurs?
In addition to this Invest Northern Ireland also has its range of entrepreneurship support to offer those at all stages of their journey. So, if you are not ready just yet for CEP, we may be able to help you develop your innovation for future NHS CEP rounds. Support and advice on technology transfer is also available through HSC Innovations. This initiative is being supported by HIRANI and HSC Northern Ireland.