Going Dutch is an early stage exporter programme, designed to help Northern Ireland companies develop the necessary skills, knowledge and confidence to export beyond the Republic of Ireland and Great Britain.
The Netherlands is a good starter market for new and inexperienced exporters. Its proximity, relative ease of access, trading culture and acceptance of English as a business language make it the ideal starter market for exporting into Europe.
The Programme includes one-to-one business support and mentoring, tailored market research, group workshops, in-market group visit to the Netherlands to meet with pre-qualified potential Dutch partners, follow-up assistance and support for five further individual visits.
Going Dutch is designed for Invest NI customers who have:
- Less than 75 employees in the business
- Limited or no experience selling outside of Great Britain and Republic of Ireland
- Identified commercial reasons to explore export opportunities in the market
- A suitable product or tradeable service that is adaptable for export
- Financial stability and resources to develop and maintain an export market
The Going Dutch programme was incredibly successful for my business on helping to secure a distributor across the Benelux and launch our ecommerce platform in the region. It opened my eyes to the immense possibilities in growing my business outside the United Kingdom.
Irene Breen, CEO, BellaMoon
How to apply
The Going Dutch exporter programme is open to Invest NI customers. If you are interested in finding out more about the Programme, register for the Information Seminar on Wednesday 15 June here.
The Programme will be delivered through a series of in-person and virtual workshops along with 1:1 mentoring support.
Dates for the autumn/winter 2022 schedule are:
|Information Seminar||Wednesday 15 June 2022|
|Workshop 1: Researching the Market, Market Entry Strategy, Perfect Partner Profile||Monday 19 September 2022|
|Workshop 2: Presenting your Company, Logistics, Developing the Partnership||Monday 14 November 2022|
|Three Day Market Visit: Meeting with potential Dutch partners||Monday 21 November 2022 - Thursday 24 November 2022|
Video Playlist | Find out more about the programme
Participants on the 2022 spring/summer programme
- 23B Solutions T/a Arcus Systems - www.arcus-systems.com
- Bluefield Houseboatds - www.bluefieldhouseboats.com
- Clonallon Laboratories - www.clonallon.com
- The Soap Story - www.thesoapstory.com
- Gapogroup - www.gapogroup.com
- Genie Insights - www.genieinsights.com
- Vertical Structure - www.verticalstructure.com
- Rademon Estate Distillery - www.rademonestatedistillery.com
Not sure that this support is right for you? Contact us and we can explore options for your business together.
Our support may be subject to some eligibility criteria.
You may also be interested in...
Essential export events
Develop export skills
Research competitors and markets