We’ve got great people.
Northern Ireland has a workforce that’s educated, smart, innovative and results-driven.
Key facts about our workforce:
- Population of 1.8 million is one of Europe’s youngest and fastest-growing
- 53 per cent of the population is under the age of 40
- A steady stream of enthusiastic, talented people for knowledge-based companies seeking a strong workforce
- Our investors tell us that labour turnover is very low
"The people of Northern Ireland are some of the most passionate, devoted, dedicated and skilled individuals that I have ever had the opportunity to work with."Paul Vienneau, CTO, TSYS
Top class education
The region’s education system is recognised as among the best in Europe. Nearly a fifth of public expenditure is on education and Northern Ireland consistently outperforms all other UK regions in academic qualifications.
Two world-class universities Queen's University Belfast and Ulster University and an extensive network of further education colleges provide excellent academic and vocational training. Both universities are responsive to business, creating graduates with skills, competency and acumen in business-relevant areas. Over 4,000* people graduate each year with business qualifications in Northern Ireland.
* Source: Higher Education Statistics Agency