Building leadership skills boosts business
Local business people are seeing tangible benefits from developing their leadership skills through our Leader Programme.
“The Leader Programme has been overwhelmingly a great investment in time and money...I can see a range of tangible business results.”
Paul Lyness, Managing Director, PIP Security
Since 2012, 57 Managing Directors across 54 businesses have taken part in the Leader Programme. The participants report that they benefit from taking time out to consider the future direction of their business, reflect on their strengths as leaders and address their weaknesses.
Learning from the experiences of other managing directors and experts is also invaluable, they say.
What the Leader Programme delivers
Running over nine months the Leader Programme enables participants to:
- Identify the key barriers to growing their business.
- Develop a practical action plan to address key business issues and plan for growth.
- Better understand their leadership style and how to realise their team’s potential.
- Develop logical, clear thinking to make informed decisions.
- Benefit from peer to peer shared learning.
- Access the latest leadership thinking from experts and guest speakers.
Leader Programme impacts
After taking part in the Leader Programme participants have implemented changes in their businesses that have delivered real business results. Some examples of these are:
- More focus on forward planning, scheduling and team work.
- New product range developed.
- Focus on business strategy strengthened through securing a Non Executive Director.
- HR resource introduced to the business to approach HR in a more strategic way.
- Focus on making people accountable and responsible.
- Analysing sales pipeline.
Who can take part
If your business is an Invest NI customer you can apply to take part in the Leader Programme. The next programme starts in April 2015.
If you’re not currently an Invest NI customer you can still review and improve your leadership skills by using the free online Leadership & Management Skills Assessment tool.
Find out more about leadership skills on the nibusinessinfo.co.uk website.
For information on dates and the application process please contact Laura Brown on Tel 028 9069 8387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that participation on this programme is subject to a competitive process.