Helping local businesses accelerate growth
What is the Accelerating Growth Programme?
Invest NI’s Eastern Office has been working with local businesses through our new Accelerating Growth Programme, a forward thinking pilot initiative aiming to assist businesses to accelerate targeted growth in overseas markets.
We work closely with local companies who have a product or service to sell into overseas markets. We work with a mixture of start up businesses and well established companies, many of whom have traditionally sold their products in Northern Ireland and have recently identified an opportunity to sell their products into new markets. The Accelerating Growth Programme will allow these companies to gain the skills and identify the tools necessary to drive export growth in their business.
"Excellent presentation – engaging and interesting – very inspiring and motivational."
Una Kennedy Boyd, Elevation Design
What will participants learn?
Over the next six months, the programme will provide nine half day workshops where participating businesses can gain the practical tools and guidance they need to grow their business faster and maximise profitability. The programme’s approach is to support, coach and challenge the committed businesses to help them achieve their plans for growth in export markets.
Before beginning the programme, each company undertook a Business Health Check to identify their current strengths and highlight any areas for improvement. During this process we were able to identify a range of barriers that are preventing each business from growing and meeting their full potential. This allowed us to focus on a strategic programme and identify themes for the workshops to address barriers to growth.
The workshops cover a range of topics from sales & marketing, financial management, exporting, people solutions, training needs & skills and business direction. Feedback on the workshops has been very positive with Brendan Gorman, Managing Director, Xootec commenting "Excellent workshop! Looking forward to the next."
What are the benefits of the programme?
- The programme provides tailored support and gives the companies access to expertise that they may not currently have within their businesses
- Many of the businesses have already secured funding but the funding in itself is not enough to help them realise their ambitions; in participating in this programme they will be one step further
- A dedicated Client Executive is working closely with each company throughout the programme to offer practical advice, business coaching, and guidance and support as required
- In participating in each workshop, the key topics should enable the companies to achieve scale much quicker
- The companies will be able to implement immediate changes in their businesses which will help them ultimately deliver the objectives that they have set
- At the end of the programme we will help each company create an action plan which will give them a clear direction and allow them to focus on growing and developing their business and delivering exceptional results
- Going forward, Invest NI Client Executives will help the businesses implement their plans and realise the results
Note: Please note, this programme is a pilot initiative. Please refer to our Twitter account for regular updates on future programmes.