Chapter 1 - Introduction
Eugene Heaney, Business Development Manager, Green Economy Development Team, Invest NI provides a welcome and introduction to speakers and sets out the context and agenda for the day.
Chapter 2 - IETF Overview
Matthew Rhodes, Managing Director, Camirus provides an introduction and overview to the IETF Fund and the application process.
Chapter 3 - IETF Feasibility and Engineering Study Overview
Nersi Salehi, Managing Director, Pro-Enviro presents an overview of IETF feasibility and engineering studies that form part of the application process. He highlights key learnings from IETF success stories for both engineering and feasibility.
Chapter 4 - IETF Deep Deployment Overview
Tom Marren, CEO, Astatine provides an overview of his company and his experience with the implementation and delivery of successful IETF projects.
Chapter 5 - CASE Fuel Switching/Energy Island Overview
Prof. David Rooney, CASE/Queens University Belfast discusses what companies can implement in their decarbonisation journey and what options they have available to them.
Chapter 6 - Energy Efficiency Overview
Eddie McGoldrick, Director, The Energy Storage Company (TESC) provides an overview of TESC and discusses how companies can control and manage their energy usage through TESC PARIS platform.
Chapter 7 - Invest NI Energy & Resource Efficiency Support
Dr. Jim Clarke, Technical Adviser, Energy & Resource Efficiency Team, Invest NI provides an overview of the Invest NI services and support that is available to NI companies in their decarbonisation journey.
Chapter 8 - IETF Submission Support
Richard Pelan, Innovation Adviser, R&D Team, Invest NI discusses the funding that is available to help companies who are interested in applying to IETF.
Green Economy | Industrial Energy Transformation Fund
The Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) is designed to help high carbon intensive businesses cut their energy bills and carbon emissions through investing in energy efficiency and low carbon technologies. The government announced £315 million of funding in the 2018 Budget, which will be available up until 2027. The Department for Energy Security and Net Zero announced in March 2023, a final IETF Phase 3 call, providing £185 million in funding, will be launched in early 2024.
In an attempt to ensure that NI businesses are better informed, and supported when this fund launches, the Invest NI Green Economy Team, in conjunction with the Innovation and Energy Resource Efficiency Teams, hosted a workshop in Cafre on October 4th, to try and improve both NI’s IETF success rate and consequently its decarbonisation performance.
This webinar, which is a video of that event, will provide key information on the IETF Fund that includes.
- Overview and context to the challenges facing NI Industry
- Outline the IETF application process,
- Presentations from several companies that could assist applicants seeking to apply for feasibility, energy efficiency, or deep deployment support through IETF funding,
- Existing Invest NI Energy Resource Support
- Invest NI support for application development, and
- Encourage companies to start developing their projects in advance of the IETF launch in early 2024 thereby maximising success rates
For more information on this webinar and/or IETF please contact the Green Economy Development Team.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - IETF Overview
- Chapter 3 - IETF Feasibility and Engineering Study Overview
- Chapter 4 - IETF Deep Deployment Overview
- Chapter 5 - CASE Fuel Switching/Energy Island Overview
- Chapter 6 - Energy Efficiency Overview
- Chapter 7 - Invest NI Energy & Resource Efficiency Support
- Chapter 8 - IETF Submission Support