Welcome - Mel Chittock, Interim CEO, Invest NI and Karen Patterson, NI Showcase 2022 Host
Mel Chittock, Interim CEO, Invest NI and Karen Patterson, NI Showcase 2022 Host, open the showcase and give an overview of the Northern Ireland economy.
Building a Positive Future - Gordon Lyons MLA, Minister for the Economy
Minister for the Economy, Gordon Lyons MLA, outlines how the 10X Economic Vision for a decade of innovation will build a strong, competitive economy that helps Northern Ireland compete on the global stage, attract investment and stimulate innovation and creativity.
Panel Session 1 – Sustainability, Traceability and Waste Management
Invest NI’s regional offices are seeing emerging clusters of businesses in sustainability, traceability and waste management. These businesses not only support the economy with great jobs, enhanced skills and the creation of a great quality of life, but are also supporting society’s desire to source sustainably and its endeavours to reduce its carbon footprint. Hear from this panel of experts on the importance of sustainability, traceability and waste management.
Chair: Karen Patterson, NI Showcase 2022 Host
- Maria Diffley, Co-Founder, SustainIQ Ltd,
- Ciaran Jordan, Co-Founder, Responsible Ltd,
- Colm Grimes, Founder, Rep-Tech Ltd,
- Paul Armstrong, Commercial Director, Foods Connected Ltd,
- Rachel Sankannawar, Head of Green Growth, Invest NI
Panel Session 2 – What is Big Data / Data Analytics and how does it impact everyday life?
Big Data and Data Analytics is an area of expertise for which Northern Ireland is being increasingly recognised on the global stage. But do many understand what Big Data / Data Analytics is and how it impacts everyday life? This panel of international and local experts explain how they are using data to help you save money, improve health outcomes and contribute to the energy grid.
Chair: Austin Tanney, Head of Digital and Data Strategy, SIB
- Paul McKernan, Managing Director, STATSports
- Kathryn Harkin, Senior Manager, AI COE, Allstate
- Ivy McFarlane, Director of Business Development, AquaQ Analytics
Panel Session 3 – Come to Northern Ireland (Grow your business)
Inward investment brings a whole host of benefits to the local economy - so what attracts these investors to Northern Ireland and what is the wider impact on the NI economy and everyday life? This panel of established inward investors and some new arrivals explore the attraction and benefits of locating in Northern Ireland.
Chair: Steve Harper, Invest NI
- David Costar, SVP & Chief Information Officer, Wolfspeed
- Keith Farley, Managing Director, Aflac
- Charlie King, Managing Director, Tribe Tech
- Jackie Henry, Managing Partner, UK Deloitte
- Steven Murtland, CFO, FinTrU
Panel Session 4 – Go Further, Grow Stronger (Exporting from Northern Ireland)
It’s acknowledged that companies which export, are more innovative, have higher productivity and are likely to create and sustain better quality and better paid jobs. For local businesses it can be daunting entering into new markets, but there is help at hand. This panel of exporters, who are at different stages in their export journey, discuss how they have benefitted from the wide range of Invest NI advice, support and guidance.
Chair: Mark Nodder, Joint Chief Executive of Makers Alliance
- Irene Breen – CEO and Founder, BellaMoon Limited
- Jackie Devine, Commercial Manager, Datactics
- Michael Calo, Sales and Marketing Director, TruCorp
- Con Gallagher, Global Sales Manager, Kiverco
Panel Session 5 – Northern Ireland on the World Stage (Invest NI Heads of Territory)
As well as a team based in Northern Ireland, Invest NI also has a network of international offices in 24 locations. Hear from Invest NI’s Heads of Territory on the range of support available to companies seeking a new location for expansion and Northern Ireland companies wishing to sell into new markets.
Chair: Steve Harper, Invest NI
- Swathi Sri, Head of India, Middle East and Africa, Invest NI
- Nick Caldwell, Head of Asia Pacific, Invest NI
- Peta Conn, Head of Americas, Invest NI
- Derek Andrews, Head of Europe, Invest NI
Panel Session 6 – The Power of Northern Irish Connections
Northern Irish Connections is a global community of Northern Irish diaspora and friends of Northern Ireland, connected by a shared pride in the region and a desire to help it prosper. This panel discusses how many of those, originally from Northern Ireland but now living across the globe, are helping the local economy.
Chair: Moira Loughran, Head of NI Connections, Invest NI
- Gavan Corr, Northern Irish Diaspora Member located in the US
- Rachael McGuickin, Director of Business Development, Visit Belfast
- John Harkin, CEO, Alchemy Technology Services
- Laura Montgomery, Senior Director, Marketing and Insights, Almac Group
Northern Ireland Showcase 2022
The Northern Ireland Showcase event shares the Department for the Economy’s ambition – through its 10X Economic Vision - to transform Northern Ireland into one of the world’s leading small economies. The event tells the story of how Northern Ireland’s business community rose to the challenge laid down by the pandemic with drive and innovation. It also highlights why international companies continue to find Northern Ireland an attractive place to grow their business and how local companies are building on their global export success.
The Northern Ireland Showcase was a hybrid event that took place in the International Conference Centre Belfast on Thursday 3 March 2022.
We were honoured to have business and industry leaders, from Northern Ireland and international companies, sharing their experiences of why Northern Ireland is a great place to live, work and invest. Watch the panel sessions to find out what Northern Ireland can offer your business.
- Welcome - Mel Chittock, Interim CEO, Invest NI and Karen Patterson, NI Showcase 2022 Host
- Building a Positive Future - Gordon Lyons MLA, Minister for the Economy
- Panel Session 1 – Sustainability, Traceability and Waste Management
- Panel Session 2 – What is Big Data / Data Analytics and how does it impact everyday life?
- Panel Session 3 – Come to Northern Ireland (Grow your business)
- Panel Session 4 – Go Further, Grow Stronger (Exporting from Northern Ireland)
- Panel Session 5 – Northern Ireland on the World Stage (Invest NI Heads of Territory)
- Panel Session 6 – The Power of Northern Irish Connections