Funding for innovation and R&D
We’ve a range of financial support to help you create new products, processes and services.
An Innovation Voucher offers you £5000 to ‘purchase’ specialist knowledge from one of 39 respected universities, colleges and research organisations throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. This knowledge can help you to expand, improve or create new products, services and processes.
New to R&D
If you have not previously carried out any R&D, have an idea for a new product or process that could help grow your business, and meet certain eligibility criteria, we can help.
Support is available up to £50,000 to:
- Investigate or plan your idea
- Make and test a prototype
- Experiment and refine your design
- Handle intellectual property costs
For businesses that have some experience of R&D we can provide funding.
Funding can help with:
- Scoping, defining and planning an R&D project
- Research or critical investigation aimed at producing new scientific or technical knowledge
- Product or process development or improvements
- Development of leading edge technology
- Linking to a college or university to collaborate on strategically important projects
Case study | Find out how Display Note benefited from research and development support
Grant for Research and Development (R&D) applications update
From 01 February 2018 a new process has been introduced for submitting Grant for R&D application forms.
Applications will only be accepted if:
- You have discussed your proposed project with an Invest NI representative
- You have been issued with the new Grant for R&D application form with an individual reference number
Please note that if both these conditions are not met, applications will be returned to you.
For further queries on the new process, please contact our Business Support Team, Tel 0800 181 4422. Read further information about Grant for R&D
Not sure that this support is right for you? Contact us and we can explore options for your business together.
Our support may be subject to some eligibility criteria.