Spotlight on Singapore: Promoting Northern Ireland Tech in Singapore
Throughout recent months our ‘Spotlight on Singapore’ series has provided insights into the dynamics of the region and potential opportunities for Northern Ireland technology businesses in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region (APAC).
Written in collaboration with Enterprise Singapore, this article highlights the opportunities the region presents and outlines how Invest NI can support you to take the next step in exploring this dynamic market at Singapore’s technology and innovation festival SFF x SWITCH.
Invest NI’s in-market team recently hosted a Spotlight on Singapore webinar to showcase the exporting opportunities which exist for Northern Ireland companies. Speakers included senior representatives from Enterprise Singapore, specialist advisory firm Orissa International, and Invest NI’s in-market team.
For those unable to attend the event, here is a recap of the reasons why Singapore is such an attractive business location for Northern Ireland technology companies:
- Southeast Asia has a population of 641million people, including 350 million internet users and an economy of USD $6.5 trillion
- Singapore, your gateway to Asia, is a hothouse of innovation and entrepreneurship, offering significant business growth potential for Northern Ireland technology companies
- Despite the global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting economic decline, the Singapore banking, finance and insurance sector is predicted to grow by 8% in 2020
- Singapore is the world’s fifth most important financial hub, and Singapore banks are set to fast-track digital transformation with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) granting up to five new digital bank licences in Singapore in 2020
- The Government of Singapore has developed a range of initiatives to encourage the growth of innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in the region, including:
- Gov Pact: A government initiative providing open innovation calls and test-bedding opportunities with public agencies.
- Relocation incentives: Supporting Northern Ireland companies to relocate with help in areas such as accounting, corporate services and sourcing co-working spaces.
- Support services for new businesses through the Singapore Startup Network.
Is this a market your business wants to work in?
If so, we can help you to participate at the region’s biggest technology and innovation festival The Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) x Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology (SWITCH).
SFF x SWITCH is an international technology and innovation virtual exhibition, conference and global business networking event for global start-ups, enterprises, investors, research bodies and international regulators.
SWITCH 2020, organised by Enterprise Singapore and the Monetary Authority of Singapore will be the world’s first round-the-clock, hybrid digital and physical event from 7-11 December.
Although firms may not be able to travel to Singapore this year, Invest NI is providing the opportunity for eligible Invest NI Client Companies to attend this event virtually at no charge.
SFF x SWITCH is the perfect platform for Northern Ireland tech companies seeking to expand into Southeast Asia; the festival connects delegates to a global network of innovators and business leaders, while being providing them with leading market knowledge and product solutions to scale up their businesses and product offerings.
How to get involved
We welcome interest from Invest NI Clients which have already achieved export sales from the following sectors:
- Financial Technology
- Regulatory Technology
- Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Smart Cities
Places are limited and we will allocate passes on a first come basis. Closing date for registration of interest is 13th November 2020.
How can Invest NI support technology and FinTech businesses in Singapore?
With a dedicated in-market team, our Singapore office can support Northern Ireland technology companies with:
- identifying new customers and stakeholders
- engaging with key stakeholders
- winning new business deals
- establishing offices in market
To find out more about how we can help your business succeed in the region, contact email@example.com
Other features in our Spotlight on Singapore series: